Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tropical Sunset Eyes

Hey everyone! As the warm weather has been approaching, I've started to bring out my warmer, more daring shades. I've been wearing this look and I love it! It makes the whole face look as though it's glowing, very dewy and fresh. This would be great worn to school or at night, being as versatile as it is. I hope you guys like it!

1. Apply your foundation and concealer as usual. Then, apply a cream blush to your cheeks. Think of this as a base for your real blush. It will make your blush look more natural and keep it from fading. I used a really old cream blush by Clinique in 'Sweet Cheeks' that I doubt they sell any longer. A good alternative would be Revlon's Cream Blush in 'Berry Flirtatious'.

2. Then, apply your powder with a kabuki brush. Try to stay very light with the powder as you want dewy, fresh looking skin for this look. I used Covergirl's TruBlend Minerals Powder with an Avon Kabuki Brush.

3. Next, prime your eyelids with a an eyelid primer, such as NYX's Eyeshadow Base.

4. Apply a shimmery champagne color to the browbone and the inner tearducts using a small shader brush, such as MAC's 239 Brush. I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in 'Glistening Gold'. This makes the eye look wider and brighter.

5. Then, apply a copper color, such as the second color from the left in the Maybelline Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Palette in 'Copper Chic', to the whole lid with a MAC 231 Brush. Next, apply a orangish gold color to the space between the copper and highlight color, with the other side of the brush.

6. Apply a warm plum-y brown color in the crease and outer 'v' of the eye. I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in "Smoky Ember".

7. Line your upper lashline with a black liquid liner, such as L'oreal's Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner.

8. Apply a coat of Maybelline's Full N' Soft Mascara for thick, long lashes.

9. Apply a peachy colored blush to the apples of your cheeks. I used Estee Lauder's Silky Powder Blush in 'Sweet Nectar'. On the website, the color looks very dull and muted, but in real life, the color is a gorgeous orange-ish peach color. I love it.

10. Finally, finish off the look with a nice, nude lipstick and berry tinged lipgloss. I love my Bobbi Brown Lip Color in 'Bare' topped off with Maybelline's Shine Sensational Lipgloss in 'Sparkling Grape'.

I hope you all enjoyed this look. (: Feel free to message me or comment with requests, questions, or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment