Sunday, May 22, 2011

Smoky Plums And Greys



This is a pretty, softer version of the traditional smoky eye, using various shades of gray and plum to create a eye brightening evening look. Toned down, this could also work for day looks as well. I've worn this out a few times and have loved how it illuminates the face. Hope you like it!

1. Prime your eyelids with a primer. Then, apply a highlight color to your browbone and inner corner. I used MAC's 'Shroom' eyeshadow.

2. Apply a very light lilac color to the whole lid. I used the lighter color in the Victoria's Secret Eyeshadow Duo in the color 'First Glance' for this. Then, with a small, fluffy shader brush, apply the dark, shimmery color into the crease very lightly.

3. Take a small fluffy, angled brush and pack it with a matte dark plum color. I used a color from an Estee Lauder palette, however MAC's 'Trax' eyeshadow is a good dupe for that color.

4. Line your eyelid with a dark liner, such as L'oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid EyeLiner. Then, line about 1/3 of your waterline from the outside with a black pencil. I used Covergirl's Liquiline Blast Eyeliner.

5. Finish off with a good mascara. I love L'oreal's Voluminous Mascara.

Well, there's the look! I love wearing this as a lighter formal look. This is perfect for summer as well. Hope you guys enjoyed it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment